Tuesday, April 14, 2009

So, Stan says to Paul...

"Dis is one goddammit long parade Paul!" I swear that's exactly what he said. And if you've ever known any old timer who lived on the East Side down dere by da Broadway Market you can actually hear the inflection in dis guys voice.

So, as promised, a recap of last nights Dyngus Day Festivities in photo form. I had to make a slideshow because I took so many pictures.

We start the evening at Arty's, across the road from the Central Terminal to watch the parade, which just happens to end at the terminal. Then its off to the Adam Mickiewicz Library The Dobzuyasomething Brothers played first, then Those Idiots. We didn't stay too long for them....it was getting too crowded and there was some pushing action starting to happen, it was getting a little late too, and we'd all had enough beer, so we took off. Of course we didn't go right home cuz The Spouse and Offspring #1 and her boyfriend all wanted to get something to eat. to we head over to The French Pub. While we're there chowing on wings and fries and stuff, The Boyfriend buys the four of us a shot. "Danger Will Robinson, Danger!!"was the warning my little voice was screaming, but do I listen???? Noooo...one two three shot! and it was the most foul and disgusting thing I'd ever had. It was called a "T-Bone" consisting of Jim Beam Bourbon and A-1 sauce. Together. In the same glass. Let me tell you, it tasted just as bad coming back up this morning during my worship to the porcelain goddess as it did when it went down. BEH!!! Aside from that little barfing incident, it was the Best Dyngus Day EVER!!!

2 comments:

Offspring #2 said...

I'm so jealous.. I mentioned Dyngus Day down here and no one knows what I'm talking about. Also, those Tbones sound delicious.

Peggy said...

Those T-Bones were frigging disgusting. A guy at the bar was using some A-1 on his burger today and I thought I was going to hurl all over again.