Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I Don't Know Whats Wounded More...

....pride or my ass.

So, Offspring #3 and I are at step class tonite. Our normal Tuesday and Thurday night routine. The class is 30 minutes of step, 30 minutes of sculpt. And she *the instructor* kicked our butts tonite. In a good way. We're just about all the way thru our sculpt portion....on the ball with weights. Weights come down and we do some ball work. Shoulders on the ball, legs at an "L" at the knees, up down up down up down with the butt. No biggie. We're walking our legs in to get seated on the ball and its just about in the middle of my back when, ruhroh, the ball gets a little jammed up by one of my weights and pops up and I pop down. Ok, 'pop' isn't quite the right term, it was more of a thunderous BOOM. Holy crap! How mortifying! I just sat there for a second, assessing any damage I may have done, which, luckily was minimal, the floor wasn't damaged in any way. Then I kind of turtled over on to my hands and knees and crawled over to my water bottle and just sat there for a second. But I was a trooper and got back on the ball for the last 5 minutes. Jeeze, I felt like an idiot. I'm probably gonna be a little stiff in the morning. But at least there's not any searing pain or anything like that. And #3 and I are laughing about it. In fact, we get in the car and whats on the radio??? "Free Falling" by Tom Petty. Yeah, The Offspring had fun with that one.

No comments: