Monday, July 21, 2008

On New Jersey

Ever drive in New Jersey? How 'bout that roadway system? Nicely laid out, ain't it? Ummmm.....I don't think so! Took us all of 10 minutes to get lost. And we followed the directions from the hotel website, the car rental guy, the 'let me show you your car' guy, and the attendant at the gate. It took the nice 'can you fix me up with some food so I gave him a couple bucks' crackhead guy at the gas station in the middle of the ghetto to get us where we needed to go. Maybe it was cuz he repeated the directions so many times...or perhaps it was the hopping around and waving that let us to the Garden State Parkway...I dunno. By the time we get to our hotel in Toms River...its l:00ish. It should have been 8ish but we didnt take off from Buffalo until 8:30...almost a 2 hour delay due to weather on the coast. Then, funny story, I'm checking into the hotel and the guy says...'sign this, its our no smoking and no party policy'. Being a little punchy from the flight, which by the way only lasted 45 minutes, and the fun ride, with The Maternal Unit as my navigator...(thats a whole 'nother story in itself) I say...'yeah, its me and my mom, she's, like 70 something..and her twin is here too...we're gonna party lots!' He kinda chuckled...the polite chuckle you give when its not really funny and you wish the person would just be on their way.

So, anyway...the wedding was nice. Unbelievable food. The buffet during cocktail hour could have fed an army. And then they bring out the dinner buffet. You name it, they had it.

Best part was going to Sea Side Boardwalk Saturday night. I love beaches and boardwalks. In fact..I could be a beach bum. Seriously. Its my ambition. I just need to win the lottery so I can have the expensive condo on the beach.

Here's a little slide show, mostly of the boardwalk. I didnt take too many pictures. I dont really know why..I just didnt

No comments: