Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Happy Easter!

Whilst perusing the internet a couple days ago, I came across this crafty little item. Dying eggs using silk ties. I know! I thought the same thing! Now, I haven't dyed eggs for Easter in a couple of years, but this piqued my interest. And it seemed simple enough to do.

Today, when I was leaving the grocery, I walked over to the goodwill store just to see what they had for cheapie silk ties. I found a couple that looked interesting so I bought them. They were $1.50 each so I thought, what the heck, I'm not doing anything tonight, lets give this a whirl.

Once I got the hang of wrapping the eggs, I only broke one during wrapping, the process went pretty smoothly. Here's the finished products. click on the picture for a better view


I think I'll be looking for silk ties when I'm out estate sale-ing. 

You can find the directions here. Happy dyeing!

No comments: