Thursday, August 28, 2008

Last night we had plans to go to the Bison's game. Last home game of the year...fan appreciation day with fireworks and all that.

The Spouse and I headed downtown early and we stopped at Dug's Dive for a beverage before the game. As it happened it was 2-4-1 happy hour from 3 till 6, so we had two. We're sitting there on the deck.....

....very peaceful and picturesque little setting, located right in the small boat harbor. Food smelled fantastic and we should have had a little dinner, but considering the game was going to start in an hour, we just stuck with our liquid diet. We'll dine next time we go....

For some reason....the windmills weren't working last night...none of them.


There was a sailboat race going on just over the breakwall....kinda hard to see in this picture down here....


So, anyway...we're sitting on the deck, having a couple, relaxing, talking....

When all of a sudden, The Spouse lets out this belch....not a loud one, mind you, just a little beer burp...and out of the corner of my eye, I see it....this toxic cloud...coming right at me. I had no time to react. My eyes were watering and I think I threw up a little in my mouth. Gross! After he gets done laughing at me while I'm gasping for breathable air, he says..."oh, yeah, that reminds me, I went to lunch today with Joe Head of the Ice Rink and got the rink back...with a 3 year service contract". Apparently, the noxious fumes triggered his memory of the burger he had for lunch. To which I replied..."Nice. And you and your digestive system just made my blog, pal".
Nice night for a ball game, tho...and some interesting cloud color just as the sun was setting.

Too bad they lost, 3-2.




No comments: