Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Well...we finally got some snow. Boy DID we!!! That storm thats been gripping the country got to our neck of the woods today.

I found this picture whilst perusing The Buffalo News. I thought it was pretty cool so I lifted it. Hey, don't judge, I gave full credit and admitted my plagarism. It was taken from the top of the Liberty Bank Building.



It took me 50 minutes to do my normal 10-15 minute commute home today, what with the white-outs and piling up snow and idiot drivers. I debated getting on the I-190 for about 2 seconds. Good choice on my part not to get on....it was a parking lot.

I finally made it to my street, when to my surprise, only half of it was plowed. And guess what, the unplowed part was my part. I had to park around the block and walk home because I couldnt get up the street. Brrrrr. Actually I was better off doing that anyway because, with the drifts in the driveway, I would have never made it into the garage.

This pic here shows the depth of the drifts. Thats The Spouse getting ready to plow them out of here.



I'm spending the evening getting a start on my Christmas cookie baking. I cant think of a better way to spend a snow night.

No comments: